Wednesday, September 11, 2002

Life and death
I have a wide horizon when it comes to some things: sex, feelings, friendship, conversations, traveling … but there is something I cannot bring myself to deal with: death.

My husband’s grandmother died yesterday. I have already told him I won’t be going to the funeral or any of the rites involved. I didn’t go to my dad’s funeral 4 years ago either, nor my grandfather. And we were as close as family can be. It is not coldness or indifference.

When I was very young my aunt died and that is my first and last recollection of a funeral I have. I couldn’t sleep for 2 weeks after that. I remember going to bed and keeping my eyes open because if I closed it I will see the casket lying next to my bed. I remember having nightmares of my dead aunt dresses in white, her skin pale and cold, as I have seen it in the casket. Those images never went away and that is how I remember her, although she was a very happy and vivacious person. I saw pictures of her many times after that, I forced myself to bring back memories of her before she passed away, but it didn’t work. Te only image that appears in my head when I remember her is the one in the casket, a white and cold image that scares me.

So I have never gone to a funeral after that. Not even my own dad. I didn’t want to risk remembering him that way. And when people suffer a loss of a loved one I just hug them but say as little as possible. I don’t think there is anything you can say that would make them feel better, it didn’t work for me. People would came and try to console me, tell me how great a person my dad was. Well, I knew that! I didn’t want to hear it like that was news, I just wanted for everybody to leave me alone. And so that’s what I do when somebody losses a loved one.

Comments: Post a Comment

Have something to say?

or e-mail me: cyberbadgirl AT hotmail.com



Archives

By Post
- Those little things
- Of Fools and Men
- Ladies, liberate yourselves
- Stranger in the plane
- The Weblog review or what?
- Life and Death
- Married Woman, Forgotten Woman
- Jake & Mimi
- Reasoning Sex?
- To Kill or not To Kill
- It's all about them
- Unexpected Dream
- Where are the Limits?
- My best Friend, my Adventures Mate
- Virtual Sex
- Sex and Swingers
- A Mysterious Woman
- Something about Courage
- What are the rituals these days?
- Size doesn't matter ... really
- Menstruation
- Sex crazy me?
- Good vibrations
- Bidet ... or the prune cleaner
- Girls ... trim the bush!

By Month
May 2003
February 2003
January 2003
December 2002
September 2002
August 2002
June 2002
May 2002
April 2002
March 2002
July 2001
February 2001

Blog*Spot



Powered by SignMyGuestbook

Comments by BackBlog