Thursday, June 20, 2002

To kill or not to kill
Somebody has raised the topic and I feel the need to write about it. We love sex talks, right? Well, sex is good but brings along consequences. And if you like sex but you avoid by any means to be responsible about it then I definitely have some issues with that. But let’s start the story from the beginning.

I got pregnant when I was 18, and I had an abortion. I regret it, and I will regret it for the rest of my life. There is nothing that will make me change my mind. I have no excuse for what I did. I panicked because of “what people would say”, “what my parents would do”, “what my life will be like”, and things of the kind. I did not stop to think straight and I made a mistake that will always be in my conscience. And I’m not talking of the mistake of getting pregnant, I’m talking about the mistake of having an abortion. Getting pregnant was irresponsibility. And we have to be responsibly for our acts. Or assume the consequences. Are murderers forgiven when they kill somebody because “they didn’t mean to”? No, they are not. So why should we be? We created a life, and then we should live with it.

I also don’t believe the decision is all on the women side. Men don’t carry a life on their bodies for nine months, true, but nine months is nothing compared to a person’s life. And if a man wishes to save his son’s life, who are we to say no? Life should prevail. This is my reasoning. But to think the world would understand this would be a utopia.

In other hands, there are situation when abortion will be understandable: rape, sickness, life risk for the mother. On those cases, women should have the option to decide. Not that they will always decide not to have it, there are all kinds of souls in this world and I believe somebody could put the life of a person that had nothing to do with the decision of his/her own conception in front of the action of a rapist, the burden of raising a special child or even risking her own life.

But to have the choice when pregnancy comes from being stupid or irresponsible seems too selfish, too easy to get out of the problem. And worst of all, at the cost of an innocent life. I don’t like the term “pro-choice”, it looks to me we are using it to cover what it is not possible to cover, the fact we are asking for the option to kill, but legally..

But we have to be realistic. And the reality is abortions are performed we liked it or not. And because it is not legally sometimes they are performed in inhuman conditions, which lead to women’s deaths. So instead of saving one life we are causing two deaths.

I do not have a definite position on this. I can just say one thing for sure: I am pro-life.

Comments: Post a Comment

Have something to say?

or e-mail me: cyberbadgirl AT hotmail.com



Archives

By Post
- Those little things
- Of Fools and Men
- Ladies, liberate yourselves
- Stranger in the plane
- The Weblog review or what?
- Life and Death
- Married Woman, Forgotten Woman
- Jake & Mimi
- Reasoning Sex?
- To Kill or not To Kill
- It's all about them
- Unexpected Dream
- Where are the Limits?
- My best Friend, my Adventures Mate
- Virtual Sex
- Sex and Swingers
- A Mysterious Woman
- Something about Courage
- What are the rituals these days?
- Size doesn't matter ... really
- Menstruation
- Sex crazy me?
- Good vibrations
- Bidet ... or the prune cleaner
- Girls ... trim the bush!

By Month
May 2003
February 2003
January 2003
December 2002
September 2002
August 2002
June 2002
May 2002
April 2002
March 2002
July 2001
February 2001

Blog*Spot



Powered by SignMyGuestbook

Comments by BackBlog