Sunday, March 31, 2002

I wonder, what are the ritual this days?
When I was a child I used to love some rituals: the afternoon tea with croissants sitting around the fireplace with mom in winter or in the flowery patio in summer; the 6:00 o’clock kids show, the Sunday family reunions with all the cousins where we formed 2 groups and collected frogs to see who collected more; the visits to my grandparents once a month where we were badly spoiled by them with all kind of sweets and treats.

When I was a teenager I loved the Friday night friends reunions at the tennis courts; the Saturday night clubs with the boys; the shopping trips with mom; the movies at the theater; even the high-school events.

As an adult I have kept some rituals and created others. The night tea in bed; the evening hot-bubble-bat with the new magazine once a month; the Friday night conversation with my husband over pizza; the shows on Sunday evening.

What are the ritual of the new generations? Do the have any?

The world is loosing slowly but steadily some of the old ritual, the ones our grandparents and parents used to honor: the afternoon tea; the big cooking on Sundays with the family; the family night-out once a month to dinner or the movies; the long-hand-written letter to the family and friends overseas; the black and white formal pictures on the special occasions in the photo studio. My generation has replaced some of those rituals due to the technology. No more hand-written letters: e-mail; no more photo studio pictures: disposable-cameras, video-cameras, digital-cameras; no more family night out: now we go out with our friends of the same age; no more theater movies: dance clubs, pubs and bars.

What will be celebrating the new generation? I wonder … My rituals define my life, they define me. They give me identity, they are part of myself. I hold on into them because the say who I am. And I like them.

Which are your rituals?

Comments: Post a Comment

Have something to say?

or e-mail me: cyberbadgirl AT hotmail.com



Archives

By Post
- Those little things
- Of Fools and Men
- Ladies, liberate yourselves
- Stranger in the plane
- The Weblog review or what?
- Life and Death
- Married Woman, Forgotten Woman
- Jake & Mimi
- Reasoning Sex?
- To Kill or not To Kill
- It's all about them
- Unexpected Dream
- Where are the Limits?
- My best Friend, my Adventures Mate
- Virtual Sex
- Sex and Swingers
- A Mysterious Woman
- Something about Courage
- What are the rituals these days?
- Size doesn't matter ... really
- Menstruation
- Sex crazy me?
- Good vibrations
- Bidet ... or the prune cleaner
- Girls ... trim the bush!

By Month
May 2003
February 2003
January 2003
December 2002
September 2002
August 2002
June 2002
May 2002
April 2002
March 2002
July 2001
February 2001

Blog*Spot



Powered by SignMyGuestbook

Comments by BackBlog